This position is responsible for managing the supply chain component of the new product launches and leading other supply chain projects in coordination with Windsor Supply Chain. This position is also responsible for monitoring and forecasting raw material inventory, managing the purchase of those materials to targeted inventory levels at 100% material availability. Inventory Management during New Product Introduction will require a high level of collaboration with Global Procurement, Project Management and S&OP. In addition, a major part of this role is to ensure strong category and commercial management of locally managed raw materials.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
New Product Introduction and Material Change over management (50%)
- Responsible for coordinating / planning raw materials and supplies for use in the production facility during new product launches and supplier or material changes for cost savings initiatives.
- Ability to independently and confidently manage highly complex, multi-functional, highly integrated situations involving plant management as it relates to supply chain. An ability to communicate that analysis at an executive level is expected.
- Possesses a broad knowledge of business practices which facilitates effecting interactions with global marketing, operations, global / regional purchasing, accounts payable and finance.
- The ability to review and analyze production forecasts vs. current actual Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and react accordingly to ensure no production interruptions. These reactions may include adjusting deliveries, interacting with Regional Demand Planning & analytics to affect demand.
- Partner with New Product Project management team to support package development and accurate documentation of weights and dimensions associated with Product Launches.
- Execute and support new product launches as required by attending launch meetings and generating reports required to support any supply chain decisions required
Commercial Procurement/Category Management (50%)
- Ability to understand business requirements/requests and utilize/analyze the company’s databases to extract data required to create, support and execute strategies associated with TCO supplier management.
- Providing professional supply chain expertise and service to local management.
- Develop strategic sourcing strategies with business partners for specific categories being purchased using criticality analysis, business knowledge, competitive analysis, sourcing expertise, and ongoing supplier management.
- Identify, research, and prioritize possible sourcing opportunities through internal spend analysis, knowledge of business, potential savings, and/or urgency of business need.
- Identify new purchasing opportunities and savings strategies through spend concentration analysis, and then ensure sourcing meets its committed savings objectives.
- Effectively integrate with functional area and develop good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Manage and lead sourcing through all sourcing activities including RFP development and analysis.
- Manage supplier risk for business-critical managed programs.
- Effectively prepare, coordinate and conduct all supplier negotiations.
- Memorialize results of negotiations through development and review of contractual language.
- Develop methodologies to capture savings as well as manage value driven negotiations.
- Collaborate with Global procurement as required to ensure appropriate requisition process, delegation of authority and commercial documents are in place for purchases with Global responsibility.
- Establish Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) Metrics/Model
Education and Training
- University or College education majoring in business, materials management or engineering is required. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) considered an asset
- Product launch management/Program management
- Inventory management, purchasing systems and supplier deliveries
- Supplier management (7+ years)
- Managing quality issues and vendor returns
- SAP skill capability: Operationally proficient at MRP planning
- Cost Negotiation
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office and inventory management ERP Software (SAP experience preferred, ideally SAP operationally functional abilities with expert understanding of business linkages to other disciplines)
- Excellent time management skills and flexibility in working hours
- Capacity to supervise direct reports with varying degrees of experience working independently in a high paced change-oriented environment
- Ability to travel to Cimpress Plants and vendor sites if required
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills to deal with tight deadlines and complex cross functional interactions daily.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Cimpress is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status. Cimpress welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.