Driven by Curiosity.
At Vistaprint, we believe that everything we do has a lasting impact on our customers and on each other. It begins and ends with a passion for helping our customers succeed. To give them our best, we empower our team with the autonomy they need to make smarter decisions and pursue higher value. We thrive on exploration, collaboration, and helping every customer grow their business beyond imagination. Fueled by technology and innovation, we are so much more than business cards.
What You Will Do:
You will be responsible for the implementation of our manufacturing engineering functions, including process, design improvements, and equipment installation. This includes, improving, monitoring and developing our manufacturing operations, ensuring the highest quality and the lowest cost using best practices such as Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma. As part of the process of installing and modifying manufacturing equipment, you will also perform Pre-Start Health and Safety Reviews as required by the Ontario Regulations of Industrial Establishments.
Some examples of your work include:
- Support cross-functional product development teams introducing new products: Including equipment design, selection, CSA/PSR standard adherence, quality, capability, standardization and SOP definition
- Be an essential contact for global technology recommendations to ensure the category technology road-map aligns with the product road-map
- Conduct work flow analysis and making recommendations for improvement in material handling and shop layout
- Small manufacturing process and equipment design projects, including: research, specification, design, integration, debugging and documentation
- Compliance with federal, provincial and corporate policies regarding health, safety and environment assurance
- Support process layout planning and simulation
- Detailing process capabilities such as: Time studies, production synchronization, process routings, standard work, discrete event simulation
- Help develop and improve labor standards and routings
- Establish work standards for product costing and productivity measurement
- Coordinate best practices to build relationships between plants
- Documentation of standard SOPs and preventative maintenance routines
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (advanced degree preferred)
- Proficient level knowledge in one or more of the following: CAD, MS Office (mandatory), Statistical software and statistical analysis, SQL
- Fundamental engineering knowledge: Manufacturing, Process, Automation etc.
- Knowledge and application of lean manufacturing philosophy and processes (Six Sigma)
- A background in statistics and probability
- Result and fact driven decision making skills
- Project management experience; can communicate ideas/solutions, and are comfortable in situations ranging from group presentations to and one-on-one interactions
- The ability to excel in a energetic environment
- Background in the printing industry is a plus
- Willingness to travel (~30%)
What's In It for You:
- Work in a highly-collaborative, self-organizing team + the ability to decide how your team works and what technologies you use
- Competitive salary + comprehensive benefits
- Flexible working hours with paid time off
- Continuous development opportunities such as onsite training, meetups, conferences, online training subscription
- And more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases we strive to do more than the law requires.