Are you a successful customer strategy and insights leader with strong business, research & analytic skills? Are you passionate about Customer Insights and the Customer Experience and want to be part of a high-energy, in-house environment at one of the most successful internet companies of all time? If so then read on...
Vistaprint, a scaling $1B global ecommerce organization, is adding to its Customer Strategy & Insights team. This team combines research, analytics and strategy expertise and works in partnership with teams across the organization to uncover market, customer and competitive insights that shape short and long-term business decisions – ultimately fueling business growth.
The Senior Manager of Global Customer Strategy & Insights will report into the Senior Director of Customer Strategy & Insights. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10+ years’ experience in both strategic marketing and market research, preferably gained in a management consultancy or strategic market research agency and has been client side as part of an insights or strategy team.
Day to day, this person will focus on the following:
- Developing meaningful insights and translating them to strategies that deliver breakthrough results.
- Creating partnerships both within and outside the organization.
- Developing and leading a portfolio of strategic research/insights projects that will drive Vistaprint’s business strategy
- Applying his/her extensive research background to dig into the details when necessary, but also be able to explain the big picture.
- Mentoring and developing a team of research and insights professionals.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience deriving clarity from the nebulous. We are a data-driven organization, where there is a need to dive in, make connections in the data and be comfortable working with a variety of complex data sources.
- Can simplify the complex. We work globally with various levels across the organization – from C level to analysts. You’ll need to be able to communicate to all levels and functions in a way that helps them clearly understand how your team’s insights will help their functions.
- Partners like to work with. You’ll be relying on information from both internal and external sources and delivering knowledge out across our company. Show us how you develop productive working relationships where competing priorities can create tension.
- Is a Top-notch collaborator who can drive teams with diverse objectives to alignment while remaining respected and consultative business partners
- Is extremely competent in research techniques and can explain them in simple business language. Is technically very strong in quantitative and qualitative research.
- Is a strategic thinker with ability to frame and structure a problem. Has strong analytic skills and can to turn quantitative and qualitative ata into a story and insights
- Can lead and guide a portfolio of research projects to be prioritized, managed and linked to key business priorities.
- Has a passion for managing a team to deliver outstanding results from this insights portfolio.
- Has an ability to adapt to changing circumstances and needs
- A leader with exemplary communication skills and executive presence
And a few reasons you might love it:
- High levels of access and visibility. You’ll have a great chance to make a name for yourself through interactions with senior executives (VP, SVP, C-level) across the organization.
- Widespread impact and influence. You and your team’s work will influence all aspects of Vistaprint’s organization,
- You have an innate passion for the customer. You’ll impact the success not just of our business, but millions of small businesses every day.
- Opportunity for advancement. We have a strong track record of promoting individuals who deliver results and increase their competence.
- A chance to see some great parts of the world. Our team has partners in cities like London and Barcelona.
- Manageable work/life balance. While we’re all about delivering results, we also believe employees should excel in life too. We provide tools like video-conferencing from home, remote network access, and flexible work schedules so you can work in the way that best suits you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases we strive to do more than the law requires.