Driven by Curiosity.
At Vistaprint, we believe that everything we do has a lasting impact on our customers and on each other. It begins and ends with a passion for helping our customers succeed. To give them our best, we empower our teams with the autonomy they need to make smarter decisions and pursue higher value. We thrive on exploration, collaboration, and helping every customer grow their business beyond imagination. Fueled by technology, passion and innovation, we are so much more than business cards.
What You Will Do:
As a Systems Engineer you will implement new technologies, prioritize daily infrastructure issues/requests, and implement best practices resulting in consistent, and high quality solution delivery. This position reports to the Manager of Infrastructure Services.
- Provide infrastructure as a service across the globe at Vistaprint’s manufacturing plants, corporate offices, data centers, and cloud environments. Vistaprint uses Microsoft Windows and multiple flavors of Linux for servers, EMC for traditional unified storage, software-defined storage and primarily Cisco for networking.
- Conduct performance and capacity management
- Implement solution development, installation, migration, configuration and disaster recovery
- Contribute to the architecture, design, implementation, delivery and maintenance of solutions provided by teams across the organization
- Develop repeatable processes to enable Operations and development teams to manage and monitor their applications
- Participate in on-call escalations for troubleshooting issues
- Perform maintenance, installation, and upgrade related tasks on compute, storage, and network infrastructure
- Automate deployment and monitoring tasks
- BS/BA in a computer field or equivalent work experience.
- VMWare experience at VCA or above, VCAP level experience preferred.
- Microsoft SE experience at MCSE level or above.
- Strong bare metal hardware troubleshooting and support knowledge.
- Solid Linux Operating System management skills (Ubuntu, Centos).
- Proficiency in troubleshooting problems within a large distributed system, crossing many technology domains (datacenter, server hardware, hypervisor, OS, application, network, storage, etc.).
- Experience deploying and supporting infrastructure and application services in cloud environments (AWS, Azure, VMware, Google Cloud)
- High degree of familiarity with a modern administrative scripting or programming language - relevant experience using said language to automate repeatable processes and perform changes (Powershell, Python, etc.)
- Relevant experience with configuration management and automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc.)
- Proven experience working in a global team, and operating autonomously
What's In It for You:
- Competitive salary + comprehensive benefits
- Flexible working hours with paid time off
- Position may require minimal, 10%, travel per year globally
- Continuous development opportunities such as onsite training, meetups, conferences, online training subscription
- Onsite game room (Foosball, ping pong, Xbox, pinball)
- Onsite gym
- Tickets for fresh food and drinks
- And more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases we strive to do more than the law requires.