The position will be responsible for the implementation of our manufacturing engineering functions, including process, design improvements, and equipment installation. Also continue to improve, monitor and develop our manufacturing operations, ensuring the highest quality and the lowest cost using best practices such as Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma. As part of the process of installing and modifying manufacturing equipment, this position will be also be responsible for executing Pre-Start Health and Safety Reviews as required by the Ontario Regulations of Industrial Establishments.
Your role will involve:
- Deep knowledge of technology in your category and what is available in the market by actively scouting and visiting exhibitions/suppliers
- Key Contact for global technology recommendations to ensure the category technology roadmap is align with the product roadmap
- Support cross-functional product development teams introducing new products: Including equipment design, selection, CSA/PSR standard adherence, quality, capability, standardization and SOP definition
- Ensure compliance with federal, provincial and corporate policies regarding health, safety and environment assurance
- Manage physical equipment layout. Support process layout planning and simulation
- Detail process capabilities such as:
- Time studies
- Production synchronization
- Process routings
- Standard work
- Discrete event simulation
- Conduct work flow analysis and make recommendations for improvement in material handling and shop layout
- Manage small manufacturing process and equipment design projects, including: research, specification, design, integration, debugging and documentation
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives Lead cross-functional continuous improvement teams to identify sources of waste and implement changes.
- Help develop and improve labour standards and routings
- Establish and maintain work standards for product costing and productivity measurement
- Participate in daily process control and analyses in area of expertise. Ensure all issues are driven to closure through root cause analysis
- Teamwork: including coordination best practices and in building relationships between plants
- Documentation of standard SOPs and preventative maintenance routines
In return you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (advanced degree preferred)
- Demonstrated self-starter capable of excelling in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Demonstrable fundamental engineering knowledge: Manufacturing, Process, Automation etc.
- Knowledge and application of lean manufacturing philosophy and processes (Six Sigma)
- Strong statistics & probability background
- Result driven and fact driven decision making skills
- Communicates ideas/solutions using well organized, comprehensible written reports, group presentations, and one-one-one interactions
- Proficient level knowledge in one or more of the following: CAD, MS Office (mandatory), Statistical software and statistical analysis, SQL
- Willingness to travel (~30%)
- Possess demonstrated abilities to handle manufacturing process and equipment design projects from conception through implementation on the factory floor, including initial investigation, specification, design, integration, debug and documentation. With multiple products and in different environments.
- Project management experience, preferably focused on factory procedure and equipment modification
- Background in the printing industry is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Vistaprint is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status. Vistaprint welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.