We're looking for a Software Support Engineer to join our Marketing Technology Support team. Who are we? We are a team of over 10,000 members in 24 countries working together to empower 17 million customers to make an impression. We are passionate, self-starting and audacious. We thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. Whatever geography we’re in, we bring exceptional talent together. We never stop learning and we believe you shouldn't either. Opportunities abound for career development.
At this opportunity, we are looking for a Senior Software Support Engineer. This person will be responsible for supporting ongoing initiatives and work requests by implementing existing software capabilities, working with the business to drive work to completion, and providing feedback through partnered teams to improve process and tooling. You will be on a self-organizing team that supports multiple projects with varying solutions. The best candidate for this role is a motivated self-starter who thrives on learning as they go.
What you will you do:
- Work with the business and developers to understand production requirements; document and support the technology platform
- Triage and diagnosis of production issues to either resolution or escalation to development squad
- Participation in development/release processes including ticket management, test patching, and production patching
- Create and curate documentation for end users, other engineers, and business owners
- Be a contact for other teams by answering technology questions and supporting multiple cross-functional project teams
In return, you will bring:
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of C#, or similar object-oriented programming languages
- Knowledge of Git, other source control technologies
- Experience with debugging object-oriented development environments, especially using Visual Studio
- Organizational skills—specifically, understand prioritization and how to advocate for work so that time is spent delivering the most valuable items
- Ability to perform both as an individual contributor and as part of a team
- Improve and revamp processes as well as provide feedback regarding existing process, tooling, and solutions
- Ability to learn systems and technologies very quickly. Know a little about a lot, but know a lot where it counts. Invest your learning time wisely
- Ability to adapt and take on new responsibilities as well as always look for how to improve on the existing “way we do things”
Why You’ll Love It
- You’ll be a key part of a highly productive, motivated, and established global team that delivers tangible value to the core Vistaprint business
- Never a dull moment! There are always opportunities to learn something new and improve your skillset as the team deals with many different technologies and is responsible for supporting many different tools
- Self-determination: the team has the mandate to determine areas where we can make improvements using our collective experience and expertise
- And most importantly, Vistaprint is a great place to work: in addition to joining an amazingly talented international team we have a great benefits package including…
- Competitive salary, lunch benefit + healthcare and Flexible working hours with paid time off
- Onsite training, conferences, meetups, library, online training subscription
- Active sports community (basketball, beach volleyball and ping pong)
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Language courses (Catalan, Spanish, and English), and more: visit lifeinvistaprint.com, and twitter.com/VistaprintLife for more information!
If the above sounds interesting to you don’t hesitate to apply (using a CV in English), we look forward to hearing from you!