The Network Engineer will act as a cross-functional and technical resource in supporting the organization’s network infrastructure, globally. This role plays a crucial part within Vistaprint’s IT Network Engineering team of ensuring the highest quality of IT services are being delivered to Vistaprint’s internal customers. The Network Engineer I will identify and implement new technologies, prioritize day-to-day infrastructure issues/requests and implement best practices resulting in consistent, efficient, solution delivery. This position reports to the Manager of Infrastructure Services.
- Participate in network engineering projects with a global scope.
- Identify and troubleshoot the WAN, LAN, and Internet infrastructure.
- Adaptability and willingness to explore new technologies/vendors to deploy business solutions (SDN, infrastructure as code, whitebox).
- Desire to automate common network configuration tasks and expose automation to partner teams.
- Participate in the design of network solutions for business applications and infrastructure technology peers.
- Consult with development teams and business units to determine needs; propose and guide implementation of solutions.
- Approach problems looking for opportunities to automate.
- Responsible for outage response, disaster recovery, and developing and documenting processes required for day-to-day operations.
- Work in cross-functional teams to collaboratively design and implement new technical solutions.
- Troubleshoot infrastructure performance issues, analyze network bottlenecks and provide capacity planning solutions.
- Accept ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to Corporate IT customers.
- Willingness to participate in after hours, weekend, or holiday on call coverage.
- Occasional travel to other offices globally may be required.
- Documentation of network designs and standards.
- Influence network technology and application architecture.
- Proactively identifies potential issues and drives resolution to avoid customer impact and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Ability to interface with remote peers and operate as part of a global team
- Think like an entrepreneur.
- Cisco routing and switching skills
- Network design and implementation abilities
- Ability to troubleshoot complex network issues
- Working experience with Palo Alto Firewalls
- Knowledge of BGP, OSPF, GRE
- Knowledge of network monitoring, SNMP, NetFlow, packet capture and analysis.
- Knowledge of ISP provisioning process.
- Understanding of application design, API fundamentals, SSL connectivity.
- Knowledge of Python/Perl; scripting ability is a huge plus.
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation platforms such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and Vagrant is a huge plus
- Wireless Implementation and configuration experience. Cisco/Meraki WLAN controllers.
- Understanding of 802.11B/G/N/AC in both 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies
- Understanding of RADIUS, TACACS+, Syslog
- Ability to deploy network troubleshooting techniques (log correlation/packet captures).
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to interface with senior management and business partners.
- Excellent organizational, project management, interpersonal, time management and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and be a self-motivated team player
What's In It for You:
- Work in a collaborative, self-organizing team, and the ability to decide how your team works and what technologies you use
- Competitive salary + comprehensive benefits
- Flexible working hours with paid time off
- Continuous development opportunities such as onsite training, meetups, conferences, online training subscription
- Onsite game room (foosball, ping pong, xbox, pinball)
- Tickets for fresh food and drinks,
- And more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases we strive to do more than the law requires.