The Human Resources Manager acts as a strategic partner and is responsible for leading and implementing human resources initiatives supporting business objectives and drive a diverse range of strategic HR efforts, including: recruitment, employee relations, learning and development, performance management, compensation, employee engagement, and regulatory compliance.
Your role will involve:
- Providing leadership, coaching and guidance to managers, supervisors and Team Members regarding laws, regulations, policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance and company-wide consistency.
- Contributing to the development of leadership through focused development strategies including talent and performance management.
- Developing performance management tools and processes and provide training for all parties
- Implementing and managing performance management initiatives
- Providing consultation to management regarding progressive discipline practices and delivering disciplines
- Executing programs to support internal equity and participating in and analyzing survey information to benchmark company’s position and recommend changes to compensation structure as required
- Ensuring confidentiality of employee files, salary information, disability information, personal issues, disciplinary actions, investigations, terminations, recruitment information, and health benefits data
- Handling all employee concerns, investigating concerns and questions ensuring all concerns are followed through from beginning to end with appropriate resolution while adhering to company policies and procedures
- Providing communication and direction to all levels of Team Members for HR related issues
- Deploying employee communication strategies and programs. Working with US Operations Leadership to develop strategy and deploy content.
- Developing and deploying US Operations specific policies and procedures and ensuring new and/or changed policies and programs are published and that all Team Members receive information and training for them.
- Responsible for conducting employee relations investigations (both formal and informal) and inquiries, providing consultation and guidance and recommending outcomes to resolve employee relations issues, with a key focus on maintaining a positive employee relations climate.
- Developing and deploying training to management and staff to promote a positive work environment and to minimize the risk or impact of third party organizing activities.
- Developing and implementing labor strategies, including working with outside counsel and consultants.
- Developing and analyzing measurable reports related to staffing levels, turnover, recruitment, and applicant tracking.
- Implementing outplacement programs and coordinating with vendors.
- Acting as primary point of contact for US Operations Leadership team on human resources matters.
In return you will bring:
Human Resources Manager - Education
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required in human resources, business or a related field
- Graduate study or professional development in labour relations, employment law and/or human resources management is desired.
Human Resources Manager - Experience
- A minimum of 7-10 years progressive Human Resources experience (preference in labour/empoyee relations and/or generalist) or a minimum of 5 years progressive leadership experience in Human Resources Management.
- Experience within a non-union manufacturing environment is required.
Human Resources Manager – Technical
- Demonstrated experience in developing and providing operational and strategic advice, guidance and recommendations to management on complex or sensative human resources issues.
- Demonstrated experience in providing advice and mentoring/coaching to HR team members and/or clients on human resources related issues
- Knowledge of compliance and regulatory issues regarding employee relations and employee data
- Strong understanding of US labor laws and legislation
- Knowledge of “best-in-class” employee relations practices
- Expertise in dispute resolution procedures
- Ability to assess employment related risks and intervene with the appropriate level of involvement using internal or external resources
- Ability to represent the company to all internal and external contacts on matters relating to HR policy and practices
- Ability to consult with and advise corporate/business unit leaders on employee relations issues and to engage the appropriate internal or external resources in order to implement solutions
- Proven sound judgement and maturity
Human Resources Manager - Other
- This position will assume HR responsibly for US Operations in Reno and any future US manufacturing location and requires mobility and frequent travel
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Vistaprint is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status. Vistaprint welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.