As an Employee Relations Coordinator, your role is a mixture of Employee Relations (ER) and HR Administration duties. This position provides administrative support to the HR/ER function as needed (e.g., transcribing hearing notes, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entries, other HR/ER ad hoc request)
Your role will involve:
- Supports the ER Specialists and Advisors with administrative functions
- Transliterate all hearing recordings and prepares required documentation for managers and employees.
- Maintain employee files
- Be skilled in the labor law and the internal policies, to ensure compliance of all documents issued.
- Leads the entire grievance procedure for assigned cases
- Leads or assists with conducting investigations related to employee concerns, interpersonal dynamics and disciplinary matters.
- Assist with compiling reports regarding employee investigations, policies and attrition analysis
- Off boarding – conducting exit interviews and facilitating the termination process
- Prepares and distributes leave of absence documents and other HR correspondence as needed
- Review and respond to all requests for extended leave for all employees to determine compliance with laws, policies and procedures.
- Assist with the generation of HR metric reports related to attrition, absenteeism and provide trend analysis
- Perform other assigned tasks or related work as required and as assigned by the Snr. HR Advisor and/or HR Site Manager.
In return, you will bring:
- Diploma, Assoc. Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or Supervisory Management
- At least two years’ experience in a Human Resources department with the primary job responsibilities of employee relations/HR generalist
- Typing speed of at least 80wpm
- Experience with stenography an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong command of English language.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast pace environment
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Sound knowledge of the philosophies, principles and practices of human resource management and Jamaican labour laws.
- Ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with automated HRIS systems;
- Capable of working in a constantly changing environment
- An aptitude for technology learning and the use of multiple systems
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases we strive to do more than the law requires.