Are you are the perfect blend of left and right brain talent? Are you excited to be part of a growing and dynamic product team that is revolutionizing the way small business owners market their business? Do you get excited when you work directly with customers and develop products that solve their problems? If you answered yes to all of the above, you should join our team at Vistaprint.
Who we are
At Vistaprint, our business model and strategy have evolved in a big way. If you think of us as the Free Business Card company, youâ€™ll have to come take a look at the new Vistaprint. We have an exciting product assortment and an aspiration to empower small business owners to achieve their dreams. The process of customizing marketing materials for a small business is a daunting and overwhelming task. We believe we can enable our customers to market their business and their brand in an exciting way and we intend to wow them with how easy it is for them to achieve this. Customer experience will be a differentiator for us and we have prioritized evolution of our Customer Experience as a top strategic priority to enable us to accelerate the pace of change.
Our product teams own the site experience for our customers and they are empowered to drive and envision change.You will join a Product team comprised of a Product Owner, Product Designer, Engineering, and Analytics. As the Lead Product Designer you will leverage user testing, customer insights, and our business strategy to design elegant desktop and touch interfaces and experiences. You will also bring deep understanding of ideation, prototyping, testing, design frameworks and concept visualization.
- Ability to sketch, wireframe, create user flows, sitemaps, user stories, personas, and all other UX and communication artifacts based on business requirements and constraints
- Be a storyteller â€“ deliver insights about our customers and behavior, both verbally and visually, in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from stakeholders and our customers.
- Work closely within a product team through agile sprints to iterate quickly on work, while ensuring that designs are implemented as envisioned in prototypes and design specifications
- Understand our business strategy and how your design drives and supports the strategy - How we will win.
- Create prototypes for reviews, usability testing, and customer demos
- Ability to measure effectiveness of designs via analytic tools and report out on project success
- Ability to incorporate data-driven insights, customer feedback, technical constraints, and usability findings into user-centric designs
- Coordinate and moderate research studies, usability tests, in person and remotely as needed
- A personal drive to move fast and quickly iterate.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree or 4-year degree in human-computer interaction
- A minimum of 4+ years of experience in user experience, product design or related field
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating innovation, and your design process
- Fluency in using Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq, OmniGraffle or similar design tools
- Ability to partner with product managers and engineering to balance technical, business, and customer requirements while keeping a user-centric design approach
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Team player who becomes an active and impactful member of the project team
- Ability to mentor and work directly with junior designers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong analytical and technical abilities
- Experience designing experiences across mobile devices iOS and Android is a plus
- Experience in the printing/personalization space a plus