Are you a proactive, detail-oriented and dedicated translator in search of a new challenge?
Within our in-house Localization Team you will be responsible for executing high-quality, culturally relevant marketing translations following corporate brand guidelines. You will act as an expert of the Dutch culture and localize global marketing campaigns and product launches to increase their effectiveness in your market, working closely with the Marketing team, graphic designers and copywriters.
Your role will be varied and includes, on top of translation work, QA, cultural research, search engine optimization, and project management. Located in our European headquarters in Barcelona, you will be part of a multicultural team of translators contributing to discussions and brainstorming ideas about localization strategies and challenges.
The ideal candidate enjoys working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, has outstanding time management skills and is a strong team player who is very detail-oriented, outgoing, enthusiastic, creative-minded and passionate about impacting business results through localizations.
Your role will involve:
- Localize content for the Dutch website as well as online and offline advertising (including TV) while incorporating SEO best practices and using CAT and proprietary tools
- Use “transcreation” to adapt marketing copy creatively to the Dutch market
- Support the business with additional localization tasks, such as guidance for video voice over and cultural recommendations
- Be an advocate for localization and a confident representative of Dutch culture, explaining translation choices confidently to internal clients using solid arguments
- Be accountable for the quality, on-time delivery and effectiveness of all Dutch translations
- Participate in project management; negotiate with clients, manage team workload and ensure on-time delivery
- Collaborate with other teams across locations to ensure processes work effectively
In return, you will bring:
- 3+ years relevant work experience in marketing translations
- Must be native Dutch and fluent in English (both written and verbal)
- BA or equivalent degree in Translation / Localization, and a sound understanding of Dutch and American culture is required; basic knowledge and understanding of the online market in the Netherlands
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, experience in working with CAT tools
- Experience in project management and/or localization technology is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team and at a cross-functional level
- Proactive with a positive “can do” attitude, confidence in presenting own translation choices
- Well organized, detail oriented and precise, self-motivated and able to work independently as well as contribute to team projects
- Strong time management skills with the ability to independently handle a variety of projects at the same time and with a high tolerance for change
If you are up for this new challenge in a fast-paced, yet friendly and supportive environment, apply now (using a resume in English), we look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that this is initially a temporary position.