Lead Engineer, Manufacturing Technology
You are responsible for the technical realization and hand-over (installation, SAT, performance, SOP’s, training) of new Technology introductions. As Engineer you understand the Technology in your area and what is available in the market by actively scouting and visiting exhibitions/suppliers. At the same time you offer support to operational departments to promote continuous improvements and LEAN in order to achieve product and process improvements. You participate in projects as technical lead on behalf of Manufacturing Technology to deliver the technical inputs needed for a succesful project closure.
What will you do as a Lead Engineer?
Innovation and Improvement:
- You will proactively identify improvement points.
- Root cause analysis – you get to the source of problems/bottlenecks in order to resolve them in the short term and you also investigate possibilities for long-term solutions – continuous improvements.
- You will suggest improvements to the project manager.
- You will manage (local) project teams.
- You will introduce methodology and promote established policies. You will represent the company culture.
- You will offer support to management and employees of departments for the roll out of projects, processes and improvements.
- You will develop and provide training.
- You will also implement global standards and procedures.
- You have a good focus on safety improvements and make recommendations to improve safety.
- You will study processes, compile data analyses and conduct measurements
- You will be responsible for the first installs of new technology and the appropriate hand-over to operations
- You will investigate opportunities for improvement/solutions, possibly in collaboration with suppliers.
- You will come up with suggestions for improvements for (sub)processes and machines and present them to the internal client/the team.
- You will implement solutions to problems or coordinate their successful implementation.
- You will provide support to staff departments to prepare calculations and data.
- You will describe the working methods and define documentation.
- You will provide training when applicable for new technology/processes.
- You will provide input for the creation of CARs (Business Cases) for new technology launches.
- You will interact with the local engineering and other departments within the Vistaprint organisation.
- You will provide regular updates in the status reports and comment on the progress of projects.
- You will provide information and exchange knowledge (best practice) with other production locations.
In return you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma equivalent in Industrial / Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
- Supplemented by technical knowledge, knowledge of relevant processes, project management and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of LEAN, including Six Sigma. You keep up to date with developments in the field.
- CQE Certification preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, within a high volume manufacturing environment background.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; can articulate & project their personality in the presence of senior management and feel comfortable delivering presentations in a confident and professional manner.
What Vistaprint will offer you as a Lead Engineer:
- Work in a fast-growing company with all the inherent challenges and opportunities that that entails.
- The ability to work as an Engineer in a company that is driven by technology.
- An international working environment/career opportunities.
- The chance to work with complex problems that have never been encountered before.
- An informal, enterprising and results-orientated culture.
- Good working conditions, benefits/perks.
Vistaprint is an Cimpress N.V. brand. Cimpress N.V. (NASDAQ: CMPR) is the world leader in mass customization. For 20 years, the company has focused on developing software and manufacturing capabilities that transform traditional markets in order to make customized products accessible and affordable to everyone. Cimpress portfolio of brands includes Vistaprint, Albelli, Drukwerkdeal, Pixartprinting, Druck.at, Exaprint, and others serve many customer segments across many applications for mass customization. The company produces more than 80 million unique products a year via its network of computer integrated manufacturing facilities. To learn more, visit: http://www.cimpress.com.
Is this the challenge you’ve been looking for? Click to apply now!
For questions you can contact Cinthanie van der Burg, Recruiter Vistaprint Venlo: 06-41690856 firstname.lastname@example.org