Location: Windsor, Ontario
The Quality Engineer is responsible for process documentation, completing quality deliverables on new product launches, ensuring all process changes have proper documentation completed, and process/quality improvements.
In addition, this individual will be responsible for answering technical questions from the workforce.
Your role will involve:
- Create and maintain quality standards for all new and existing products.
- Regularly review these standards against customer feedback and inspector findings, making changes/improvements as necessary
- Create Process Flow, Control Plans, PFMEA and Standard Operating Procedures
- Coordinate quality inspectors to perform daily inspection of products and packages, ensuring data is correct and accurate and that the required quantity and diversity of products/packages are inspected each week
- Create and update pareto charts ranking major quality issues and work with management on prioritizing and planning improvement activities and resources required to address these issues
- Structured Root-Cause Problem Solving (RCPS) techniques and apply them regularly in a highly structured way, documenting the results and following up on execution and effectiveness
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Directs team members engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability
- Train others on problem solving techniques through small-group problem solving activities
- Be actively and productively involved in cross-functional Vistaprint teams as a representative of Manufacturing and Quality functions
- Lead and participate in 6 Sigma activities focused on addressing major technical quality problems
In return you will bring:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Quality role within a Lean Manufacturing environment
- ASQ CQE preferred
- Must have clearly demonstrated problem solving skills as well as good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques (MiniTab), ergonomics and process flow
- Experience with QA Management Systems
- The individual will be hands-on, assertive and motivated to ensure the company meets its aggressive goals
- Have a passion for excellence in people, processes and analytics
- Self-motivated, high energy level individual
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Vistaprint is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status. Vistaprint welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.