Senior Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer - EU
Are you looking for a company that gives you challenging tasks, insight to state of the art technologies, and where your ideas really count?
As a key member of the Vistaprint Quality team, the Senior Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer will support the manufacturing growth within Vistaprint on the Mass Customization platform specific to qualification and assessment of suppliers existing and new that are engaged contractually with Vistaprint locations.
Elements of AQP responsible for the joint deployment & full validation of ‘CTQ’s - Critical to Quality’ requirements in manufacturing at all designated Supplier locations will also be a requirement.
Working very closely with the Vistaprint Business Units (VBU), plant teams and VBU ‘Small Format’ Category Product Development Teams, you will transpose ‘Critical to Customer’ requirements into the Suppliers location to enable the manufacturing site to produce & launch products that conform exactly to define product specifications.
You will lead SQA interface and execution tasks for their commodities with new and existing Suppliers, together with monitoring and managing on-going quality performance metrics.
You will lead the deep dive investigation into Supplier product quality issues, & then support read across action to products and processes for any recommended permanent preventive countermeasures to ensure no recurrence of a product concern. Strive to promote ‘an excellence in Supplier product quality approach’ within the VBU manufacturing group.
What will you do as a Senior SQA Engineer?
- Performing and supporting audits of suppliers and sub-suppliers (contract as well as material suppliers including organizing visits, conducting assessment and reporting).
- Acting as a supplier liaison for supplier Corrective Action Requests (CAR's / CPIR’s) and Field Non-Conformance Reports.
- Implementing closed loop corrective actions, and generating quality metrics and reports to support analysis of non-conformance.
- Maintaining ongoing technical communications with suppliers and facilitating supplier continuous improvement programs.
- Interfacing with Vistaprint Manufacturing team and suppliers for all qualification, quality, reliability, monitoring and supplier process issues.
- Coordinating supplier mitigation efforts in conjunction with the VBU Manufacturing team.
- Conducting supplier selection assessments for new sourcing decisions and support new product development and introduction.
- Training suppliers on Cimpress / Vistaprint processes linked to SQA manual and associated procedures.
- Planning and participating in supplier pilot production runs to assure ‘product quality’ and CTQ’s are established. This also can include full ‘run at rate’ stress testing of the supplier’s process.
You must also:
- Validation of ‘CTQ’s - Critical to Quality’ requirements working very closely with the VBU Product Development teams in Small Format at the launch of new suppliers.
- Develop and improve the worldwide quality launch process at Vistaprint.
- Works closely with suppliers or outsourcing locations (as needed) to transfer quality requirements for launch or resolve quality issues and achieve process improvement on significant market concerns.
- Use of the Intelex web based system to key in Supplier information, monitor the supplier status and address CAPA’s as needed.
In return you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma equivalent in Quality and or Engineering.
- CQE Certification preferred.
- A recognized Green Belt and or Black Belt Certification preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, within a high volume manufacturing environment background.
- A minimum of 3 years working in an SQA or Quality function role previously conducting supplier assessments and qualification tasks.
- Ability to demonstrated sound and comprehensive problem solving capabilities / skills (A3 thinking preferred), can coach others as well lead teams in complex problems solving activities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; can articulate & project their personality in the presence of senior management and feel comfortable delivering presentations in a confident and professional manner.
- Sound new product launch experience applying and leading all aspects of quality through a new product introduction process on multiple occasions.
- Experience with the application and execution of Advance Quality Planning methods tools and techniques.
What Cimpress will offer you as a Senior SQA Engineer?
- Work in a fast-growing company with all the inherent challenges and opportunities that that entails.
- The ability to work as an engineer in a company that is driven by technology an Quality.
- An international working environment/career opportunities.
- The chance to work with complex problems that have never been encountered before.
- An informal, enterprising and results-orientated culture, with good working conditions, benefits/perks.
And a few reasons you might love it:
- You'll grow and learn a lot. You will be exposed to a wide range of projects in our growing company, work with amazingly talented colleagues, and have the opportunity to solve a diverse set of problems.
- You’ll love your colleagues and teammates. You will work with people who are as energetic, smart, and driven as you are. We’ve got an amazing team and we thrive off of each other – you’ll thrive too.
Information about the company:
Cimpress N.V. (Nasdaq: CMPR) is the worldwide leader in the field of customized products. Over its 20 year lifespan, the company has focused on developing software and manufacturing capabilities to transform traditional markets and make affordable, customizable products available to everyone. Its brands include, among others, Vistaprint, Albelli, Drukwerkdeal, Pixartprinting, Druck.at, Exaprint. The company produces more than 80 million unique products annually with its network of computer-operated production facilities.
Is this the challenge you’ve been looking for? Click to apply now!