Driven by Curiosity
At Vistaprint, we believe that everything we do has a lasting impact on our customers and on each other. It begins and ends with a passion for helping our customers succeed. To give them our best, we empower our team with the autonomy they need to make smarter decisions and pursue higher value. We thrive on exploration, collaboration, and helping every customer grow their business beyond imagination.
Putting Your Expertise to Work
As the Senior Data Scientist, you will help develop and productionise innovative models. You will join a core team of Data Scientists, working alongside Marketers, Analysts, Data Engineers and Product Owners to forge new paths in Machine Learning, revolutionising how they use behavioural data for commercial and creative benefits.
Your statistical, computer science and business domain expertise will have a significant impact to our business from day one. You will mentor and lead your team; always seeking ways to improve, communicate openly, and be an active problem-solver. Throughout the design, development, and delivery stages you will surprise yourself with new levels of professional and personal growth.
- Learning and practicing new tools in an ambitious technical environment that combines both hacking skills, web technologies and real-time data.
- Separate signal from noise within the wealth of data available to us, helping find actionable insight across the organisation.
- Analyse pre-existing models and algorithms; provide suggestions on how to improve the efficiency and effectiveness with changes that affect the bottom line of the organization.
- Engage with stakeholders to consult around analytical project requirements, discuss methodologies and negotiate deliverables.
- Deliver a range of bespoke Data Science projects leveraging techniques that may include Price Optimisation; Customer Propensity Modelling (churn, acquisition, cross sell); Marketing Campaign Analytics; Hypothesis Testing; Customer Lifetime Value; Image Recognition; Transfer Learning. The list goes on.
- Act as a thought leader within the Data Science team
- Build relationships with Google and the wider Data Science community.
Experience We’re Looking For:
- MSc or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research or similar field
- Strong programming skills
- Hands on experience using “big data technologies”
- Experience of software engineering techniques including version control, continuous integration, unit testing.
Considered as a plus:
- Google AdWords, Paid Search or Online Marketing
- Experience of using Tensor Flow in a Spark environment.
- Python, Scala, R, Java
- Bayesian Statistics
And a few reasons you might love it:
- We will give you large autonomy and the chance to learn from some of the best global talents in this field. You will grow with us and we will make every effort to support your professional development.
- You’ll love your colleagues and teammates. You will work with people who are as energetic, smart and driven as you are. We’ve got an amazing team and we thrive off of each other – you’ll thrive too.
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference. You will be working on projects that can have a real impact on decisions & results – we are a very data-driven company and Data Science is a massive driver of Vistaprint’s innovative outlook.
Our People Are Your People
We truly believe in the innovation and creativity of our people at Vistaprint. Trusting them to understand the needs of our customers and to take the lead on finding better solutions is what we’re made of. When you work with us, you’ll be surrounded by ambitious and energetic individuals who challenge each other every day. When you come to us with inventiveness, ingenuity, humility, and endless curiosity, you’ll see that our people are your kind of people.