Job ID: 19853
You’re early in your career, but you’re ready to create words that will be seen by millions and deliver ideas that will turn heads. Be one of the people who make, write, design and dream up the things our customers see when they open up their computers or their mailboxes. We need those things to be worthy of their time and attention. That’s why we’re looking for a talented, detail-driven, professional and proactive wordsmith to join our team.
What you’ll do all day:
- Change perceptions, one word at a time. Vistaprint does more than sell business cards. We empower small businesses all over the globe to market and promote themselves. You’ll immerse yourself into our customers’ point of view to understand their needs so you can craft messages that speak right to them.
- Think inside the inbox, and outside it as well. This position will focus on the email channel, but there will opportunities in other channels like print and content. So you’ll have a ton of ideas and a bit of email experience when you walk through the door. Then you’ll quickly learn our process for making sure our customer-centric copy is ready for a global audience. That means being willing to write and rewrite, and then read and re-read.
- Work with talented teams. You’ll be mentored by long-time members of the copy team to learn, hone and wield the brand voice. You’ll co-create with marketing partners to ensure creative and strategy are blended into every line. You’ll collaborate with designers who you’ll swear went to Hogwarts School of Photoshop. You’ll lean on all of them and they will lean on you, and the work will belong to everyone who contributed.
You’ll be measured on how well you:
- Deliver from concept to copy to completion. We need a true creative professional, with the dual mindsets required to ideate and create like an artist but work through feedback and deadlines like a pro. Big ideas. Tiny details. Brainstorms. Production tasks. You have high standards from idea to inbox and beyond.
- Play well with others. You share a sandbox with designers, project managers and marketing partners. You’ll need to listen to their ideas, filter their notes and use their feedback to deliver copy that crystallizes the entire team’s expertise into messages you can all be proud of.
- Amplify the Vistaprint voice. You have your own voice and we expect to hear it in meetings, lunches and even singing in the gym’s showers. But understanding, and infusing every piece of copy with our brand voice comes first… and second. Probably third too.
- Get it done. There are no time clocks or ankle chains keeping you at your desk. You have work to do, deadlines to hit and projects to complete. That means that you’ll need your problem-solving and time-management skills almost as much as your writing chops.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Loves words. You know the indisputable value of perfectly crafted phrases and expertly employed punctuation. AP/Chicago style guides? Got ’em. Elements of Style? Tattooed on your arms. Microsoft Word shortcuts? Memorized since birth.
- Gets inspired and then pays it forward. You can find great ideas anywhere and then turn those ideas into strong copy and concepts that will inspire and inform the design team. But that isn’t enough. You can’t wait to present those ideas to partners, stakeholders and get them into the hands of our customers.
- Thinks about the customer. We are an Agile team, which means that delivering value early and often to our customer is a must. Yes, we have marketing goals, but you’re always thinking about them through the lens of the people who actually click “buy.”
- Collaborates. Words & images. Copy & Design. Hall & Oates. Greatness requires both.
- Expects feedback and changes. Because they’re coming whether you expect them or not. People can run from it, or run with it. You choose the latter.
- Is hungry for knowledge. Some days will be conceptual and compelling. Others will require diligence and determination. But every day is a chance to learn more about your craft, our business, and the strengths of your teammates. You don’t wait for those opportunities. You pursue them.
And a few reasons you might love it:
- A spot on the “All-Talented” Team. You’ll work with people who have serious skills. They’re crafty, plugged-in, creative and just weird enough to make it work. We’ve got each other’s backs, go on outings and are developing a secret handshake.
- Global means global. Vistaprint’s customers are all over the world, and so are our offices. You’ll interact with creative teams and marketing partners with cool accents and even cooler perspectives, with the potential to visit some of them in person.
- Things move fast. There is no fear of change. We are willing to try new things, fail fast, and try again.
- We are already in your life. Do you know any dog walkers, attorneys, birthday clowns, florists, self-employed accountants or freelance massage therapists? Then you know someone who has used Vistaprint, and your work will affect their lives.
Education & Experience:
- 1-2 years of professional writing experience within an agency or marketing organization, or similar in freelance capacity.
- Strong portfolio with a mix of work including email/digital marketing (direct response, website copy, branded content and broadcast/video work a plus).
- Degree in English, communications, advertising, marketing or comparative work experience.
- Collaboration, communication and presentation skills.
- Outstanding writing/proofing skills including basic knowledge of AP/Chicago styles.
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload and be proactive. Agile experience a plus.
- Current in creative trends, popular culture, and new advertising techniques & platforms.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook). Experience with InDesign a plus.
- Experience with use of internal tools and systems (such as Workfront and Quickbase) a plus, but not required.
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, empowers 16 million micro businesses and consumers annually with affordable, professional print and digital solutions by leading the way in marketing, innovative technologies, custom products and manufacturing excellence.
We strive to be a world-class customer-centric company by offering a broad range of products and services via 25 easy-to-access, localized websites globally and by shipping to more than 130 countries around the world. Our customers benefit from our unique business model supported by proprietary technologies, high-volume production facilities and direct marketing expertise.
Employees of Vistaprint are passionate about understanding the needs of our customers to help them make an impression both at work and in life. We look for customer-centric people who bring ideas, visions and dreams and a passion to deliver on them regardless of department, title or tenure. If you’re a self-starter looking to make an impact, we offer highly rewarding opportunities to grow with us both personally and professionally.
Join some of the finest talent to deliver on our promise as one of the best industry-transforming – and career-transforming – companies in the world. Go to About Us to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.
Vistaprint does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Only resumes received from contracted agencies/vendors will be considered. Vistaprint will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.