eCommerce Product Manager
Job ID: 19066
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who loves building experiences to meet both user and business needs, solving complicated problems, and driving organizational change. This person will work in our Waltham office with a dedicated team of engineers and designers. This role is a highly visible position working on an early stage product. This role will be instrumental in the creation of a prioritized product backlog and primarily responsible for its execution. If you are excited by the energy of a fast-moving eCommerce organization and motivated by delighting customers and producing measurable results, we’d like to meet you.
What you’ll do all day:
- Get to Know Your Customer: Empowering customers to design and print marketing materials online is not for the faint of heart – but you are up to the challenge. You can take a complex backend process and envision incredibly simple solutions. You are the kind of Product Manager (and person) who truly cares about developing powerful solutions that enable customers to achieve their goals and because of that, you’ll want to spend a lot of time with customers to truly understand how they are interacting with our solutions. We’ll leave it to you to decide the best way to make this happen through user testing or in person demos. This is an exciting opportunity to create a stream of dialogue with the customer that can transform the way we develop products and have big impact on our business.
- Own The Product Roadmap: As solutions come into focus, you will advocate for and prioritize the best ideas to guide projects through development. You’ll use your keen sense of what makes a good product, high standards for elegant and effective experiences, and you will communicate your ideas clearly. You’ll spend a lot of time working with UX/Design and Engineering to prototype and test, being the voice of the customer throughout. You’ll need to plan and manage multiple parallel initiatives and oversee rollout of enhancements to a highly engaged stakeholder community. You’ll become a sought after expert in the company by understanding the data and the impacts on performance overall, and staying a step ahead of the competition and emerging trends to help us become the best in the world at what we do.
- Lead change: As an agent of change, you’ll be challenged with a series of questions and less important details but this will be no match for you. Detail oriented doesn’t even begin to describe how on top of it you are, but even more importantly you are able to focus on what is truly important and lead the team forward. You will open eyes and minds to the opportunities ahead, and earn the trust of an incredibly capable and talented team who can make the impossible possible.
You’ll be measured on how well you:
- Deliver meaningful change to the customer experience that impacts the bottom line. We aspire to unleash marketing genius one small business at a time. As a Product Manager, you are empowered to create solutions that solve problems- to take something complex and make it impossibly simple. It is our firm belief that being successful in this effort will deliver incredible value and growth to our business. We will measure the satisfaction of our customers and the value that they create for the business overall.
- Gain the trust and credibility of the people you work with. You’ll work with many people across the organization from executives and senior leaders to developers and interns. You need to be able to add clear and significant value to the activities you’re leading and your interactions with the stakeholder community.
- Get stuff done. We thrive on execution. It’s part of our DNA. We’ll expect you to keep your projects moving forward and be creative when it comes to problem solving.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is a great listener.You know that it’s your job to come up with the solution, but you can’t do that without first understanding the real problem. Customers (and even executives) are rarely aware of the real problems and will often ask for a solution that doesn’t solve the underlying issue. You are a master of listening and reading between the lines to find the problem so that the right solution can reveal itself.
- Is plugged in. You make sure you know what’s going on around you and have your ear to the ground. You are a natural networker and people person. You can’t wait to get to meet people across the organization and understand what they do and care about. You are incredibly curious and always want to know the “why” or “how”.
- Who charts their own destiny. You are successful because you are driven and will “always find a way”. People who know you describe you as scrappy, self-sufficient, and a go-getter. If you need detailed instructions or a high degree of certainty before you can start a project, this isn’t the job for you. The more you can show you can do, the more opportunity you’ll be given. This role is yours to grow!
- Can’t help, but be creative with a keen eye for detail. You can fill a blank sheet of paper with new ideas in no time, and you have a natural sense for aesthetics. You browse other company websites and along the way you make notes of all of the things you’d change to improve (and you know it would be much better!)
And a few reasons you might love it:
- We have amazing customers and they need your help. When you meet our customers you will quickly realize how fulfilling it is to help them realize their dreams. You’re not just selling business cards, you are empowering millions of people worldwide to follow their lifelong dream of starting a business and building their personal brand. You are helping them prove to themselves that they can do it. And earning their loyalty forever when you get it right.
- It’s never boring.This a fast-paced and dynamic role and fantastic for someone who loves a challenge.
- You get to show-off all of your talents. You like to be creative and analytical, but don’t often get the chance to do both at the same time. This role lets (and expects) you to be a human Swiss army knife.
- You’ll be part of an amazing team. This kind of challenge attracts the best of the best. Come join them.
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, empowers 16 million micro businesses and consumers annually with affordable, professional print and digital solutions by leading the way in marketing, innovative technologies, custom products and manufacturing excellence.
We strive to be a world-class customer-centric company by offering a broad range of products and services via 25 easy-to-access, localized websites globally and by shipping to more than 130 countries around the world. Our customers benefit from our unique business model supported by proprietary technologies, high-volume production facilities and direct marketing expertise.
Employees of Vistaprint are passionate about understanding the needs of our customers to help them make an impression both at work and in life. We look for customer-centric people who bring ideas, visions and dreams and a passion to deliver on them regardless of department, title or tenure. If you’re a self-starter looking to make an impact, we offer highly rewarding opportunities to grow with us both personally and professionally.
Join some of the finest talent to deliver on our promise as one of the best industry-transforming – and career-transforming – companies in the world. Go to About Us to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.
Vistaprint does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Only resumes received from contracted agencies/vendors will be considered. Vistaprint will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.