Cimpress Board and Governance Executive Assistant
Job ID: 18519
Cimpress Board and Governance Executive Assistant
Cimpress (www.cimpress.com) is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the activities of the Cimpress Supervisory Board of Directors and related governance bodies and functions. This highly visible position within the company will be a part of the Cimpress 25+ person Legal team reporting to a senior-level Board coordinator, and will be responsible for administrative support and event planning for all meetings, activities, travel, compensation matters, and other critical interactions involving the following Board and governance-related functions of Cimpress:
- the independent Supervisory Board of Directors, currently consisting of 7 directors located in the United States and Europe;
- all Supervisory Board Committees (Audit, Compensation, and Nominating & Governance);
- the Management Board of Directors, currently consisting of four Cimpress executive officers; and
- the Dutch independent Anti-takeover Foundation (Stichting Continuïteit Cimpress)
This role will be based out of the Cimpress office in Waltham, MA, which is currently home to approximately 1,000 of the company’s 7,500 employees. Candidates should enjoy traveling, with overseas travel expected on at least a quarterly basis to attend and manage Supervisory Board meetings. All candidates should also have significant experience interacting with senior executives and Board-level leaders across a range of support activities. Experience with public company governance routines and structures is also preferred.
Key Responsibilities of the Job include the following:
- Serve as the day-to-day liaison with all Supervisory Board and Foundation members, both personally with the Board members as well as with their administrative staff, building strong, positive working relationships with all contacts
- Support in managing all logistics related to the long and near-term planning and execution of quarterly Supervisory Board, Management Board, and Foundation meetings. Supervisory Board meetings are typically held at various Cimpress offices outside of the United States, with multi-point videoconferencing required for almost all meetings
- Travel to international meeting locations to provide onsite planning and support, on at least a quarterly basis
- Manage meeting-related communications with Board members and internal participants throughout the year
- Assist in planning and managing Board agendas and participant lists months in advance of scheduled meetings; maintain calendar of recurring Board and Committee meeting agenda items
- Research and manage complex international travel, ground transport, and hotel arrangements for Board members and other attendees (both public and private air travel)
- Assist in managing the varying document and materials production process in for all meetings
- Act as internal liaison with other company functions, including the Office of the CEO, in connection with highly time sensitive document planning and production, scheduling, and travel requirements in connection with quarterly meetings and other advance planning
- Engage in proactive and long-range (2-3 year) calendar and scheduling for key meeting dates and other touch points for all Boards and Committees, including coordinating dates among related sessions and topics
- Manage new director onboarding and orientation activities as needed
- Schedule and facilitate ad hoc videoconference and web-based meetings with board members
- Manage Board-related expense processing, record-keeping and reporting, along with tax-related support
- Maintain comprehensive, accurate records of all Board-related materials and activities and assist with maintenance of minute books
- Manage the administrative aspects of a web-based portal for the storage and distribution of Board-related materials
- Assist with maintaining and updating the corporate governance section of the Cimpress.com website
- Assist in managing Board-related budget planning and reconciliations
- Other duties as appropriate
The right person for this role will:
- Possess at least ten years of executive and Board-level support experience, ideally within a group setting, working with highly confidential and sensitive material
- Maintain the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, and ethical judgment
- Have a process-oriented and analytically focused mindset, with the highest attention to detail necessary to proactively anticipate and address nuanced issues and challenges
- Represent Cimpress with poise and confidence; remain focused, unflappable and professional in an ever-changing, fast paced and entrepreneurial company environment
- Enjoy complexity and bringing a creative and unrelenting mindset to solving challenging problems and conflicts
- Have strong and efficient organizational and multi-tasking ability
- Bring an “event planning” mindset to planning for and executing on all Board-related meetings
- Be a hands-on, high energy, self-starter, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be comfortable with videoconferencing technology and able to coordinate independently with IT as appropriate to ensure seamless execution of meetings with participants in multiple global locations
- Be able to perform well both independently and as part of a team, including collaborating effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside of Cimpress
- Be able to learn and execute effectively on internal policies, process and tools
- Have advanced computer skills and be comfortable working with and staying on top of changes to key technologies, such as Adobe Professional, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and search engines. Preferred candidates will have prior experience managing Board portals
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, empowers 16 million micro businesses and consumers annually with affordable, professional print and digital solutions by leading the way in marketing, innovative technologies, custom products and manufacturing excellence.
We strive to be a world-class customer-centric company by offering a broad range of products and services via 25 easy-to-access, localized websites globally and by shipping to more than 130 countries around the world. Our customers benefit from our unique business model supported by proprietary technologies, high-volume production facilities and direct marketing expertise.
Employees of Vistaprint are passionate about understanding the needs of our customers to help them make an impression both at work and in life. We look for customer-centric people who bring ideas, visions and dreams and a passion to deliver on them regardless of department, title or tenure. If you’re a self-starter looking to make an impact, we offer highly rewarding opportunities to grow with us both personally and professionally.
Join some of the finest talent to deliver on our promise as one of the best industry-transforming – and career-transforming – companies in the world. Go to About Us to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.
Vistaprint does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Only resumes received from contracted agencies/vendors will be considered. Vistaprint will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.