Employee Relations Specialist
Job ID: 19439
As an Employee Relations Specialist, you are expected to be an empathetic individual with great interpersonal skills; who is able to build relationships with all levels of employees. You are expected to possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills along with good judgment, in order to resolve conflicts. Personable and influential, the Employee Relations Specialists can be trusted by both employee and employer to work as a liaison, who finds solutions to their problems. This is accomplished while maintaining important confidential information and meeting organizational objectives.
Your role will involve:
- Managing the Employee – Employer Relationship by acting as a liaison between employer and employee. This involves receiving and effectively handling employee queries/complaints, and when required, escalating to the relevant stakeholders towards resolution
- Conducting investigations related to employee concerns, interpersonal dynamics and disciplinary matters. Writing reports regarding the investigations and make recommendations based on company policy
- Analyzing, developing and reviewing company policies and procedures; responding to employee violations of policy and generally helping to resolve conflict in the workplace
- Coordinating and facilitating grievance procedures
- Off boarding – conducting exit interviews and facilitating the termination process
- Maintaining employee files
- Preparing and distributing job letters and other company correspondence
- Reviewing and responding to all requests for extended leave for all employees to determine compliance with laws, policies and procedures
- Creating periodic HR metric reports related to attrition, absenteeism and providing trend analysis
- Performing other assigned tasks or related work as required and as assigned by the Snr. HR Advisor and/or HR Site Manager
In return, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or Supervisory Management
- Two to five years’ experience in a Human Resources role with the primary job responsibilities of employee relations/management/industrial relations
- Thorough knowledge of the philosophies, principles and practices of human resource management and Jamaican labour laws
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with local and global employees, internal and external stakeholders (vendors, contractors, Ministry of Labour, Jamaica Employers Federation, etc.)
- Skilled in coaching leaders/managers, designing and facilitating personal and professional development programs, team development, and building relationships
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong command of English language
- Ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, experience with automated HRIS systems
- Demonstrable expertise and experience in people management, with an emphasis on managing multiple teams in a constantly changing environment.
- Thorough knowledge of research, data analysis and report presentation techniques
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast pace environment
- An aptitude for technology learning and the use of multiple systems
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, empowers 16 million micro businesses and consumers annually with affordable, professional print and digital solutions by leading the way in marketing, innovative technologies, custom products and manufacturing excellence.
We strive to be a world-class customer-centric company by offering a broad range of products and services via 25 easy-to-access, localized websites globally and by shipping to more than 130 countries around the world. Our customers benefit from our unique business model supported by proprietary technologies, high-volume production facilities and direct marketing expertise.
Employees of Vistaprint are passionate about understanding the needs of our customers to help them make an impression both at work and in life. We look for customer-centric people who bring ideas, visions and dreams and a passion to deliver on them regardless of department, title or tenure. If you’re a self-starter looking to make an impact, we offer highly rewarding opportunities to grow with us both personally and professionally.
Join some of the finest talent to deliver on our promise as one of the best industry-transforming – and career-transforming – companies in the world. Go to About Us to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.
Vistaprint does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Only resumes received from contracted agencies/vendors will be considered. Vistaprint will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.