Offset Print Apprentice
Job ID: 17465Apply Now
Deer Park Mission
By engaging and challenging our people, and using benchmark manufacturing techniques, we create customized print products of unrivalled value for our customers.
To learn the skills of an offset print operator by undertaking guided workplace learnings as well as supported formal education to achieve the trade qualification of offset printer.
· Entry level position with little or no prior relevant training or work experience
· Work is prescribed and completed with close supervision and little autonomy
· Duties are clearly defined and methods and tasks are descried in detail
Indicitive tasks as per level of training:
· following written or verbal instructions;
· Learn about Lean Manufacturing and 5s best practices
· having knowledge of computer controlled systems as it relates to their work area;
· understanding and applying existing work procedures applying in their area;
· performing housekeeping functions within immediate area; this may include lubricating equipment under direction;
· assisting in forward planning materials and equipment for next job;
· identifying quality variations;
· recognising when problems arise and referring appropriately in own work area;
· undertaking work prescribed on a task basis through written and verbal instructions and with continuous presence of a skilled operative
· working under direct supervision
· routine setting, adjustment and operation of basic similar pieces of equipment such as plastic laminating machine;
· assisting with basic duties on a printing machine under direct supervision by cleaning, washing up of ink ducts, blankets and impression cylinders, stacking and removing delivery, stack on sheet fed press;
· applying OH&S practices and environmental protection procedures;
· matching of product against quality standards within own work area;
· assist in the day to day running of modern printing equipment in the area including but not limited to,
· 5 colour+coater B1 offset press, plate setter, folding machines, die cutting machine, guillotines, large format printing press’s and cutters.
· Secondary school Maths and English
· Technical skills such as mechanical, electrical or engineering an advantage
· Self-starter with the willingness to learn and grow in the role
· Energetic and highly motivated
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Can do attitude and proven time management skills
· Ability to interact effectively with all levels within the organisation
· Able to communicate effectively with the team
· Team player with flexible attitude
· Ability to take direction and learn
· Ability to participate in onsite and offsite training programs, and associated course work
· Own transportation or ability to attend workplace for set rostered shifts
· Adhere to all OHS policies and procedures
· Take reasonable care of themselves and others who may be affected by their actions
· Report all hazards, accidents and incidents immediately to respective Team Leaders.
· Ensure that personal protective clothing and equipment is worn and used to perform the job safely
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, empowers 16 million micro businesses and consumers annually with affordable, professional print and digital solutions by leading the way in marketing, innovative technologies, custom products and manufacturing excellence.
We strive to be a world-class customer-centric company by offering a broad range of products and services via 25 easy-to-access, localized websites globally and by shipping to more than 130 countries around the world. Our customers benefit from our unique business model supported by proprietary technologies, high-volume production facilities and direct marketing expertise.
Employees of Vistaprint are passionate about understanding the needs of our customers to help them make an impression both at work and in life. We look for customer-centric people who bring ideas, visions and dreams and a passion to deliver on them regardless of department, title or tenure. If you’re a self-starter looking to make an impact, we offer highly rewarding opportunities to grow with us both personally and professionally.
Join some of the finest talent to deliver on our promise as one of the best industry-transforming – and career-transforming – companies in the world. Go to About Us to learn more.
Equal Opportunity EmployerVistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.
Vistaprint does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Only resumes received from contracted agencies/vendors will be considered. Vistaprint will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.