Senior Specialist, Product Portfolio & Promotions
Job ID: 19600
As we grow our product lines and our brand, we have a need to prioritise our products in terms of the exposure they are given to customers across marketing activities. You will lead developing quarterly product priorities through balancing category revenue targets, seasonality and new product introduction (NPI) that aims to achieve short-term results and deliver upon our long-term strategy. You will report to the Senior Promotions Manager within the Merchandising team and be responsible for defining the Merchandising team priorities as a key input to the Marketing teams to act upon.
What does success look like?
- Category growth / Categories meeting projections
- Appropriate assortment of Product/Category exposure
- Smooth internal process & strong collaboration across teams
- Continuous improvement of GTM approach through hypothesis testing
- Lead the definition of quarterly Product Priorities to help our products get the exposure they deserve. Gather input from representatives across the business to balance financial weight, seasonality, and communication opportunities to develop a rounded set of priorities that meets Vistaprint’s strategic and commercial goals. Work with an agile mind-set and rapidly adjust product priorities when needed working closely with stakeholders.
- Keep informed of strategic activities in the business by attending relevant team meetings (e.g. Product team meetings, new product introduction team meetings, etc)
- Keep informed of financial plans and actual performance of products and categories.
- Take proactive steps to ensure execution is as smooth as possible (e.g. developing and using judgement of how solid/fluid other’s plans are when building priorities ).
- Continuously improve the process. Identify opportunities, design and implement standardised processes across categories, reduce complexity by leveraging consistency, etc.
- Develop frameworks to clarify what different priorities mean regarding the go-to-market execution they receive. (Design, implement, and communicate frameworks to support prioritisation and alignment of product related initiatives across Vistaprint.)
- Keep stakeholders true to the priorities by advocating them when appropriate.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of past and current pricing strategies, developing and testing pricing strategy hypotheses and communicating insights, implications and recommendations
Key personal skills required
- Exceptional communication (written & verbal) and collaboration skills, enabling you to partner across the organisation in multiple international locations, to share insights and drive results, incorporating direction from multiple parties with competing interests and synthesizing for resolution through a partnership approach.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to develop innovative and pragmatic frameworks to support decision making through complexity reduction and opportunity prioritization.
- Customer centric attitude and ability to see how your decision will translate into actions the customer sees.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of online ecommerce business and marketing.
- Very comfortable with rapid changes and shifting priorities and can proactively handle and resolve them to the benefit of multiple stakeholders
- Proactivity and ambition, and the comfort with both working autonomously as well as collaborating strongly with others.
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, empowers 16 million micro businesses and consumers annually with affordable, professional print and digital solutions by leading the way in marketing, innovative technologies, custom products and manufacturing excellence.
We strive to be a world-class customer-centric company by offering a broad range of products and services via 25 easy-to-access, localized websites globally and by shipping to more than 130 countries around the world. Our customers benefit from our unique business model supported by proprietary technologies, high-volume production facilities and direct marketing expertise.
Employees of Vistaprint are passionate about understanding the needs of our customers to help them make an impression both at work and in life. We look for customer-centric people who bring ideas, visions and dreams and a passion to deliver on them regardless of department, title or tenure. If you’re a self-starter looking to make an impact, we offer highly rewarding opportunities to grow with us both personally and professionally.
Join some of the finest talent to deliver on our promise as one of the best industry-transforming – and career-transforming – companies in the world. Go to About Us to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.
Vistaprint does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Only resumes received from contracted agencies/vendors will be considered. Vistaprint will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.